Sunday, March 18, 2007

Green the Morning after

I hope everyone had a wonderful St. Patricks. And here's hoping all those protestant newcomers to Chicago didn't make too much of a spectacle of themselves on the day that "everyone's Irish" and if they did I hope they had some baggies and a small shovelling tool to make amends. It's wonderful to be Irish. Remember the IRA? That ragtag group of angry young men and women who made a stand at the Easter Uprising. Those were peat bog Irish not the lace curtain (almost English they are, with their class snobbery) Irish that have come to plague some cities. I'm Irish too but not in a way that would make the Pope happy. None the less like the great Parnell I can turn my back on my protestant brethren who caused, and some still do, pain and indignity and suffering to Irish Catholics. I'm not too fond of the protestants that settled this nation either.

No comments: